Package & Deployment Wizard and Bitmaps

Post by Mohammed Shola-Okor » Tue, 04 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi there Folks,
is there a way one can display bitmaps during the installation/setup of an
application using the package & Deployment Wizard ?
What I am trying to say is that, can one display things like company logos
or other graphic files during the application installation ? If so, can you
tell me how I can customize a script to achieve this.
Thanks
Regards
Mohammed

Package & Deployment Wizard and Bitmaps

Post by William R Highfiel » Tue, 04 Jul 2000 04:00:00

On Mon, 3 Jul 2000 07:38:24 GMT, "Mohammed Shola-Okoro" <Mohammed

comp.lang.basic.visual.database:

Quote:>Hi there Folks,
>is there a way one can display bitmaps during the installation/setup of an
>application using the package & Deployment Wizard ?
>What I am trying to say is that, can one display things like company logos
>or other graphic files during the application installation ? If so, can you
>tell me how I can customize a script to achieve this.
>Thanks
>Regards
>Mohammed

What you want to do is change the Setup1.exe program.  Which you can.
Just open the project in the folder:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\Wizards\PDWizard\Setup1

Make sure to make a backup first mind you. and dig around the code and
forms.  You can change alot as to how the setup looks and feels.  If
you don't want to do that then you can download the Visual Installer
for VS.  It works off the Windows Installer and can be customized
easier.

Hope this helps

1. Package & Deployment Wizard Problem

Hello All!

I got the following message while installing a Packaged VB Application into
a NT Workstation 4.0:

"The file 'C:\Winnt\System32\$(DLLSelfRegisterEx)' could not be registered
because it was not found".

Does anyone saw this message before and know how to fix it?
Do "Package & Deployment Wizard" (Visual Studio 6.0 new Setup Wizard) really
works?

My VB6 application have a lot of OCX controls and uses MDAC.

ANY help is very wellcome!!! Thank you!

Richard Chaves

2. NJ/NYC - DB Administrators (Sybase, Oracle, DB2, Informix) needed now

3. Package & Deployment Wizard with SQL2000

4. sp_msforeachdb

5. Package & Deployment Wizard Query

6. promt when criteria is met

7. Package & Deployment Wizard

8. OLE DB or ODBC for ASP

9. Package&Deployment wizard problem

10. Errors from VB6 Package & Deployment Wizard

11. package & Deployment Wizard

12. MDAC_Type.exe and the Package and Deployment Wizard

13. Package Deployment Wizard?