HE: Performance Problem using ADO in UserControls

HE: Performance Problem using ADO in UserControls

Post by Marc Loewentha » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi

For my database application I'm using the dataenvironment.
Running  a query inside the query designer takes no time, using the same
query in a form using data bound controls the load / unload takes too much
time.

Can anyone give me some tips how the load / unload of a databound forms
can be done fast.

Thanks
Marc

1. Performance problem using oracle and ado

Help please!

Forgive me if this is a no brainer question.

I am trying to retrieve approx 2500 rows in my VB6  program from an
average size table in Oracle via ADO and I am experiencing an
unacceptable performance. The approximate time elapsed to retrieve the
recordset is about 6 seconds compare to using RDO it returns right away.

Trying it on a third party tools such as the MS Query and Data tools
which I assume uses ADO it is quick (fraction of a second).

Is this the normal behavior of ADO considering the number of rows I am
requesting? Is there something I am missing?

By the way, i am using Oracle ODBC Driver 8.01.05 and ADO 2.1

I really need help

Thanks

Rod

2. VB-Access, the best way to drop an Access-table?

3. Major performance problem using IIS/ADO/SQL2000

4. return sum of two variables in astored proc

5. strange performance-problems after upgrading from ADO 2.5 to ADO 2.6

6. Combined Key Press (VK-CONTROL+VK-DELETE) - How To Capture

7. Tab-Control and loading Usercontrols dynamic

8. Problem using VB to retrieve ASP/XML using ADO recordset

9. Strange Performance Issue using ADO and VB

10. XPath Variable Query Performance using URL vs ADO

11. Performance issue - Access 2000 using VB6 and ADO 2.1 with SQL