java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Post by zha » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:17:29

Hi,
I made a project using Java access SQL Server 2000 database. The
client and server side working well when I compile and run them in
Ultra editor. But when I want to run the server program under DOS
prompt, if server class name is server.class, e.g: I type
d:\Java\Server\java server
The error appears: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver.

Can anybody tell me what is the problem and how to solve it? Why I can
run it under Ultra editor but not DOS?Thanks a lot.

zhao

Post by Jon Skee » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:33:05

> I made a project using Java access SQL Server 2000 database. The
> client and server side working well when I compile and run them in
> Ultra editor. But when I want to run the server program under DOS
> prompt, if server class name is server.class, e.g: I type
> d:\Java\Server\java server
> The error appears: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver.

> Can anybody tell me what is the problem and how to solve it? Why I can
> run it under Ultra editor but not DOS?Thanks a lot.

Presumably you've got Ultra editor set up to use a different classpath
which includes the SQL server driver.

--

http://www.pobox.com/~skeet/