ADO Doesn't Work in Win98

Post by Mark Steadma » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 01:16:57

Can anyone tell me why, when creating an ADO program in
Win2000 it brings up a "class does not support automation"
error?  Is ADO not supported in Win98 or am I just
stupid?  I'm running VB6 SP5 and have copied AND
registered all the necessary DLLs and OCXs to the Win98
PC.  Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

ADO Doesn't Work in Win98

Post by Val Mazu » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 01:46:03

Hi,

ADO is working fine on Win98. Check if you have selected
reference to ADO. You could do that selecting project,
References menu optin in VB.

Val

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Can anyone tell me why, when creating an ADO program in
>Win2000 it brings up a "class does not support
automation"
>error?  Is ADO not supported in Win98 or am I just
>stupid?  I'm running VB6 SP5 and have copied AND
>registered all the necessary DLLs and OCXs to the Win98
>PC.  Any ideas?

>Thanks a lot.
>.

ADO Doesn't Work in Win98

Post by John Sirmon [M » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 02:51:35

What version of MDAC (ADO) are you referencing? make sure it matches the
version installed on the win 98 machine.

Q248404 PRB: Run-Time Error Message 430 with ADO Redistributed App.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q248404

John Sirmon, MCSD
Microsoft Visual Basic Web Data Support Team

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.

1. MMC in win98 doesn't work!!Urgent

When I try to start the EnterpriseManager(I have installed the
sql7desktopedition) I get an error message, which says something like
this(had to translate it from german):
MMC caused an error with an unvalid page in modul <unknown> at
0000:0020003e.

It seems, something in my system is messed up.Now,my question is, can I just
reinstall sql7 (without uninstalling it) and will that make the problem
disappear?If I do that, what will happen to my databases?Wil they be
untouched,or are they all gone, after reinstalling?Can I make a backup of
all my databases and get them back after everything else is running smoothly
again?
A lot of questions, but as long as that enterprisemanager doesn't work, I
can't do anything, so I would really appreciate a quick response.
Thank you very much
Kristian

2. Layout Problem

3. DTS Package doesn't work on Win98,MSDE,PWS

4. Linux Newbie Question how do I install INGRES II

5. update doesn't work on win98

6. AUTOEXTEND option: in which dictionary can I see it ?

7. ORACLE DOESN'T COMPLY TO BASIC STANDARD SQL: SIMPLE QUERIES DOESN'T WORK

8. REPLACE INTO table a la mySQL

9. Scheduling DTS doesn't fail but doesn't work

10. ADO and COUNT(*) doesn't work

11. Compacting with ADO and DAO doesn't work

12. provider=SQLOLEDB doesn't seem to work with ADO