Updating a datacombo

Post by bpfh » Wed, 18 Apr 2001 22:54:57

Hi,

I am using a datacombo to display a list of names, with the corresponding ID
as BoundColumn.

I have associated this with an SQL query that will display in text fields,
information corresponding to the ID that corresponds with the selected name.
Once information for a name is updated, I hit a button, and the information
in the database is updated correctly, I call then run DataCombo1.ReFill,
hide the update window, and go back to the menu. All seems fine until...

I re-open the update window - all information is updated, but the name in
the datacombo is still the old name... the data in the update fields is
correct and updated, but to update the datacombo, I have to quit and restart
the application.

Any ideas?

Cordially,
Daniel Page

Updating a datacombo

Post by Sukesh Hooga » Thu, 19 Apr 2001 01:07:04

Hi Daniel

Try DataCombo.Refresh
and for visible display in Datacombo
manipulate DataCombo.Text

Sukesh

Quote:> Hi,

> I am using a datacombo to display a list of names, with the corresponding
ID
> as BoundColumn.

> I have associated this with an SQL query that will display in text fields,
> information corresponding to the ID that corresponds with the selected
name.
> Once information for a name is updated, I hit a button, and the
information
> in the database is updated correctly, I call then run DataCombo1.ReFill,
> hide the update window, and go back to the menu. All seems fine until...

> I re-open the update window - all information is updated, but the name in
> the datacombo is still the old name... the data in the update fields is
> correct and updated, but to update the datacombo, I have to quit and
restart
> the application.

> Any ideas?

> Cordially,
> Daniel Page

1. No Field Update from Datacombo

DataSource = rsProduct (Cursor = client, Recordset = Static, Lock
=Pessimistic)

Rowsource = rsCustomers (Cursor = Client, Recordset = Static, Lock = Read
Only)

I have bound the control so that the correct data is displayed, the bound
column contains the correct value (checked via a 'msgbox
dcoCustomer.BoundText' in the controls 'OnChange' event), I have permission
to change the field (I bound to a text box and typed the value in) yet when
I try to update from the datacombo nothing happens- the original value
remains untouched  (although if it is a new record then it does work???),
Any ideas?

(sorry for the cross post)

Thank for any help

Darren France

2. views and relations

3. Update a field in a table with a DataCombo on a ORACLE 8i Database

4. HELP ON B-TREES

5. DataCombo to update ADODC

6. Moving Large Volumes of Data between 2 Oracle Databases

7. sample project using DataCombo control to go to a record for updating

8. How to recover Data Space Available & Log Space Available?

9. update datacombo

10. DataCombo won't update.

11. VB6 DataCombo update bug & workaround

12. Datacombo will not update

13. Newbie: Update datacombo/-grid after changes