Getting to code in VB module for Access DB

Getting to code in VB module for Access DB

Post by Christoph » Sat, 03 May 2003 22:15:10

Hi all,

I have an Access database that is used through a Visual Basic module.
Inside the module is a reporting function that requires a password.
This password needs to be changed (because it is the SS# for a sweet
old lady who is moving out of the department, and she understandably
doesn't want every incoming admin to have that info ;P ), but I can't
get to the code for the module.  To complicate matters, the guy who
built the thing has left the company.

I have no experience with VB, but am certain I could find and change
the password if I could only get to the code.

Any help out there?

TIA,

-Christopher

Getting to code in VB module for Access DB

Post by Norm Yua » Sun, 04 May 2003 01:35:55

If you mean the Access application is a *.mde file and the password is
hard-coded in a VBA module, I guess, you are out of luck unless you have the
original *.mdb file on which the *.mde file was built.

Quote:> Hi all,