memory leak in vitual memory

Post by HO Chee Che » Fri, 10 Sep 1999 04:00:00

i have a serious vitual memory leak in my vb program on nt 4. in the
program, i access a lot Access database and the frequency is pretty high
too. i have check all my code and all 'open' is pairing with 'close' . the
Access driver version i used was 4.00.4202.
i used to use 4.00.3711 which gave problem in memory leak, but after the
change to 4.00.4202, it gave a little improvement to the memory control, yet
the vitual memory still shooting up non-stop (85mb and still growing).
please help.

memory leak in vitual memory

Post by Jens Bengtsso » Fri, 10 Sep 1999 04:00:00

How big is the database?
It might help to compress it sometimes, but that is just a far shot.

I have seen that the Jet engine tends to eat some memory, but nowhere near
the ammounts you say - What if you keep a connection open throughout your
whole session? If the memory leak occurs becaus Access doesnt free all it
takes when you do an open, close pair, this might reduce your problems.

Also, are you sure that it is access that leaks, and not your VB program? (I
assume we are talking about a Visual Basic application conecting to an
Access db, and not an MS Access VBA application?).

--
Jens Bengtsson
Compuware NuMega

"Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when he is in
trouble again."  --proverb

Quote:> i have a serious vitual memory leak in my vb program on nt 4. in the
> program, i access a lot Access database and the frequency is pretty high
> too. i have check all my code and all 'open' is pairing with 'close' . the
> Access driver version i used was 4.00.4202.
> i used to use 4.00.3711 which gave problem in memory leak, but after the
> change to 4.00.4202, it gave a little improvement to the memory control,
yet
> the vitual memory still shooting up non-stop (85mb and still growing).
> please help.

1. memory leak on vitual memory

i have a serious vitual memory leak in my vb program on nt 4. in the
program, i access a lot Access database and the frequency is pretty high
too. i have check all my code and all 'open' is pairing with 'close' . the
Access driver version i used was 4.00.4202.
i used to use 4.00.3711 which gave problem in memory leak, but after the
change to 4.00.4202, it gave a little improvement to the memory control, yet
the vitual memory still shooting up non-stop (85mb and still growing).
please help.

2. Request for help.

3. Memory Leak - Running out of Virtual Memory

4. Planning an Informix Database disk layout

5. OLE Automation Problems - MEMORY HOG (Memory Leak?)

6. Q: How to drop multiple tables (owned by non-dba user)

7. SQL Server seems to leak memory until complete out of memory

8. Multiple homes with Toad

9. Vitual Memory

10. memory leak when processing OLAP cube with DLL

11. sql server 7 memory leak

12. Memory Leak

13. Huge SQL Server memory leak?