A strange DBGrid problem.

Post by XXX » Fri, 07 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I am using the DBGrid control that ships with VB4.0. Up until yesterday on
one of my forms it worked virtually perfectly. Then after I changed the
forms point size type from twips to pixels it does not. If this change
caused the problem I do not know, but it was the ONLY change. The
following line of code is where the problem is showing. When the user
clicks on a row I get the row number by using the following code in the
mouse down event. Y is a parameter that is passed into the mousedown
event. It did work until a couple of days ago. Now all that
DBGridCustomers.RowContaining(Y) returns is "-2". Any ideas why??? Is "-2"
an error code or something?

Thanks for any help...

RowValue = DBGridCustomers.RowContaining(Y)
--
EnigmaamginE Ha,ha,ha... You have no idea!!!

A strange DBGrid problem.

Post by David » Tue, 11 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>I am using the DBGrid control that ships with VB4.0. Up until yesterday on
>one of my forms it worked virtually perfectly. Then after I changed the
>forms point size type from twips to pixels it does not. If this change
>caused the problem I do not know, but it was the ONLY change. The
>following line of code is where the problem is showing. When the user
>clicks on a row I get the row number by using the following code in the
>mouse down event. Y is a parameter that is passed into the mousedown
>event. It did work until a couple of days ago. Now all that
>DBGridCustomers.RowContaining(Y) returns is "-2". Any ideas why??? Is "-2"
>an error code or something?

>Thanks for any help...

>RowValue = DBGridCustomers.RowContaining(Y)
>--
>EnigmaamginE Ha,ha,ha... You have no idea!!!

Get free upgrade TrueDBGrigStandard from Apex, they claim, they fixed
few bugs
Best regards, Dave

1. DBGrid strange problem!

I got a strange problem on DBGrid.
When I scroll the grid to the bottom, it displays some blank records and the
record sets is likely to be crashed.
I'm using RDO, client batch cursor.

Anyone faced the same problem.

--
Best Regards,

Billy Lau

2. Cannt update, delete ADO recordset

3. Foxpro 2.0 for Unix

4. Strange problem with appendchunk, stranger solution yet

5. importing data with ss2k gives error

6. DBGrid strange behaviour

7. FS: VB & other computer books 1/2 cover price or less

8. Strange Error using a DBGrid

9. Strange behavior with DBGRID

10. Strange behaviour of DBGrid with Oracle

11. Strange DBGrid behavior?

12. Another strange behavior with DBGRID !!!