package and deployment wizard

Post by navee » Thu, 22 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I have a VB application that uses the ADO object model to manipulate
data stored in an Oracle database. This works fine in the VB IDE . I
used the Package and Deployment wizard in VB to deploy this on another
computer that does not have VB installed in it.

The VB app ran fine.

However when i installed the same app on another machine that also did
not have the VB installed i got the following error message :

Run time error 3706

ADO could not find the specified provider.

Any idea why this is happening.

Thanks very much in advance.

Naveen

package and deployment wizard

Post by Tim Gra » Fri, 23 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi Naveen,

You need ensure the following is done on each PC:
a) Install MDAC (PDW should/can do this)
b) Oracle client software is installed
c) TNSNAMES is configured to point to the Oracle Instance (using "your"
name)
d) Configure an ODBC definition that connects the ADO connection to the
TNSNames.

--
Hope this helps,
Tim Gray

Quote:> I have a VB application that uses the ADO object model to manipulate
> data stored in an Oracle database. This works fine in the VB IDE . I
> used the Package and Deployment wizard in VB to deploy this on another
> computer that does not have VB installed in it.

> The VB app ran fine.

> However when i installed the same app on another machine that also did
> not have the VB installed i got the following error message :

> Run time error 3706

> ADO could not find the specified provider.

1. Package and Deployment Wizard Error 743

When attempting to create a new setup file, I am receiving an error after
pressing the Package button, just after the message 'Searching additional
file dependencies I get the message 'PDCMDLN caused an exception 103H in
module RPCRT4.DLL, followed by the message:
'Unexpected error number 743 has occurred. unable to create or activate a
new instance of PDWizard.PackageWizPanels.'

At this point the wizard stops and goes back to the main screen. I have
installed VB6 srvpak3 but did not help. I have the problem on a Win98 and a
Win95 machine. I have reloaded VB6 on both.

Dave

2. US Postal Zipcode TTF Font & how to use it. - postfont.zip (1/1)

3. Using Package and Deployment Wizard - Didn't work

4. Dataease 4.53 : User Directory Open Error

5. Package and Deployment Wizard

6. Exec in Background

7. Package&Deployment wizard problem

8. Creating Windows 3.1 Program Group and Icons

9. Package and Deployment Wizard doesn't work with Data Environment Report

10. Package and Deployment Wizard

11. Package and Deployment Wizard - MDAC

12. MDAC_Type.exe and the Package and Deployment Wizard

13. Package and Deployment Wizard