Generating word document files from embedded documents in Access or SQL Server DB.

Generating word document files from embedded documents in Access or SQL Server DB.

Post by Mudassar Zak » Tue, 04 Feb 2003 14:21:57

My problem is :

I have an Access 2000 DB.
A table contains a field of type "OLE Data".
This field contains Microsoft Word's embedded documents.
What I want is to generate word documents for each of the record
programatically in VB. But not succeeded yet.
I also need to do it from SQL Server DB, as I have upsized my Access DB to
SQL Server and it is exported in an Image type of field. How can I generate
document files from this Access or SQL Server DB.

I tried to achieve it in 2 ways; first I tried:
Created a form, inserted a data control and an OLE control, bound it with
the required field.
When I run the VB program, it successfully opens the docudments from DB in
the control.
Then I tried to save the control data using "OLE1.SaveToFile" method to
generate a document.
It generated a document but unfortunately this document is not in the
correct MS Word format so not opening in Word.

and secondly I used Getchunk method but the result was same.

I hope you can understand my problem. I need a quick response. Thanks in
advance for help.

Zaki

Post by Mudassar Zak » Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:03:54

[...]

1. Embedding a Word document in a SQL Server 7 table column

Has anyone embedded a Word document in a SQL Server 7 table column ? I know
the column type should be 'image', but I can't really find anything useful
in SQL Server Books Online on how to insert the document and then retreive
it in an easy way - it indicates using READTEXT and WRITETEXT, but surely
there must be an easier way ?

Thanks in advance.

2. Personal Oracle 98

3. Filemaker record to word document and word document list

4. Kansas - Visual Basic /Oracle /SQL Programmer/Analyst

5. Writing a VB Generated Word document to a SQL Server Blob

6. HELP! pdox&IB make mystical seach in update case

7. help wanted in Generating word document from SQL Server Stored Proc

8. Need list of all generation languages

9. Embed a Word document in Access

10. Import or port data from text files or word documents into sql server (please Urgent)

11. Automatic Generate a word-document from VB