? SQLException-SQLState info wanted

Post by Claudia Piemon » Thu, 06 Mar 2003 19:34:13

Hello all :-)
is it possible to find a list of the SQLState error codes defined in
X/Open and ANSI-92, as JDBC would expect to use them, on the web. I
have done several Google searches and found only one IBM-specific
reference which might not be complete, and that list has nothing to do
with JDBC or Java.

I am using Hypersonic SQL DB and scanned the docs there  for  vendor
specific error codes too and unfortunately found no such list  (did I
miss something? anywhere in the source code documentation perhaps?, if
so where?)
Thank you for helping
Claudia

? SQLException-SQLState info wanted

Post by Fredrik ?lun » Thu, 06 Mar 2003 19:50:01

Hi

You can look at the Mimer SQL documentation at http://developer.mimer.com. A
list of SQLStates is available at
http://developer.mimer.com/documentation/html_91/Mimer_SQL_Engine_Doc...
er_SQL_Engine.htm

Regards,
Fredrik ?lund

Quote:> Hello all :-)
> is it possible to find a list of the SQLState error codes defined in
> X/Open and ANSI-92, as JDBC would expect to use them, on the web. I
> have done several Google searches and found only one IBM-specific
> reference which might not be complete, and that list has nothing to do
> with JDBC or Java.

> I am using Hypersonic SQL DB and scanned the docs there  for  vendor
> specific error codes too and unfortunately found no such list  (did I
> miss something? anywhere in the source code documentation perhaps?, if
> so where?)
> Thank you for helping
> Claudia

? SQLException-SQLState info wanted

Post by Claudia Piemon » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 05:14:49

Meanwhile I have hunted down  the hsqldb specific answer for looking
up the error codes in the hsqldb forum (ie where to find the info in
the hsqldb sources) - Thank you. Please disregard my earlier question
Claudia

1. com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.SQLException: DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -302, SQLSTATE: 22001, SQLERRMC:

hi, we are using db2 v8.1 fixpack 2 on NT. i have create a database
with code set UTF-8, when i try to copy the table from AS400 to DB2, i
got the error
com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.SQLException: DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -302,
SQLSTATE: 22001, SQLERRMC:

the table on AS400 contains Japanese data, i try to create the table
to store Japanese data on DB2.

But if i change the length of each field to 4 times of the original
length, i can pass and generate the table with data.

Since now on DB2 the length stored in sysibm.syscolomuns is 4 times of
the actual length, so i have to divide this length by 4 to get the
actual length of each field. But the problem is some of the fields is
substring of another field, e.g. apkey on AS400 is 8 length now, after
copy the table to DB2, it becomes 32 bytes long. i have key2
substr(apkey,1,6), then key2's actual length stored in
sysibm.syscolomuns, so looks like some of the fields are 4 times of
original field, some are the actual length. that causes my program
problem , because i assumes all the fiels definition must divide by 4
to get the right length .

i don't understand why i need to 4 times length, because as i see all
the value occupy one byte for up to 8 if the length is 8 bytes, if i
times 4 , that would be 32 length, so the rest 24 byte are space.
please help. thanks

2. synchronizing adp files

3. Info wanted on Info-Lease/Decision Systems Inc

4. CRecordset

5. SQLException: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver

6. "scanning unused blocks"

7. TNS Frame Type info wanted

8. Functions inside of functions ...

9. Transact SQL and DB-LIB Info. Wanted

10. Replication detailed info wanted

11. Info wanted on SQL and UNIX DP Shops

12. Info wanted : Oracle Work Group Server versus MS SQLServer