1. com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.SQLException: DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -302, SQLSTATE: 22001, SQLERRMC:
hi, we are using db2 v8.1 fixpack 2 on NT. i have create a database
with code set UTF-8, when i try to copy the table from AS400 to DB2, i
got the error
com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.SQLException: DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -302,
SQLSTATE: 22001, SQLERRMC:
the table on AS400 contains Japanese data, i try to create the table
to store Japanese data on DB2.
But if i change the length of each field to 4 times of the original
length, i can pass and generate the table with data.
Since now on DB2 the length stored in sysibm.syscolomuns is 4 times of
the actual length, so i have to divide this length by 4 to get the
actual length of each field. But the problem is some of the fields is
substring of another field, e.g. apkey on AS400 is 8 length now, after
copy the table to DB2, it becomes 32 bytes long. i have key2
substr(apkey,1,6), then key2's actual length stored in
sysibm.syscolomuns, so looks like some of the fields are 4 times of
original field, some are the actual length. that causes my program
problem , because i assumes all the fiels definition must divide by 4
to get the right length .
i don't understand why i need to 4 times length, because as i see all
the value occupy one byte for up to 8 if the length is 8 bytes, if i
times 4 , that would be 32 length, so the rest 24 byte are space.
please help. thanks
2. synchronizing adp files
3. Info wanted on Info-Lease/Decision Systems Inc
5. SQLException: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
6. "scanning unused blocks"
7. TNS Frame Type info wanted
8. Functions inside of functions ...
9. Transact SQL and DB-LIB Info. Wanted
10. Replication detailed info wanted
11. Info wanted on SQL and UNIX DP Shops
12. Info wanted : Oracle Work Group Server versus MS SQLServer