Access violation when executing SQL

Post by Dmitr » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi All,

Recently I've bumped into a strange problem:
When I had a small database (2MB) of .DBF (dBase III) files and used TQuery
with quite complicated SQL statement to extract data -- everything was OK.
BUT when I recieved the real database (not the small part of it) - which
was about 15MB - I started to get the "Access violation" error on several
queries. It seemed like BDE failed to think them over! I am sure that that
was a matter of database _size_. But I failed to find _any_ notes about
_any_ restrictions on database size and complexity.
I would greatly appreciate any thoughts about the problem, couse now I am
not sure, that queries which work OK now will work when the database
doubles in size

thanks in advance
Dmitri

1. Access violation when executing my own extended stored procedure

Using SQL Serever 6.5

We created an extended stored procedure using MS Visual C++ 6.0 (did not use
any MFCs) and placed the corresponding dll file in the C:\mssql\binn folder.

Added the extended stored procedure to the master database.

This extended stored procedure basically lets me write a string with more
than 255 character to a file as a single line.

When trying to execute the extended stored procedure, I get access violation
errors and the SQL Server terminates the process.

What is the source of this problem? Any suggestion will be appreciated
Thanks
--
Prasad Koukuntla

2. ** Help ** Accessing arbitrary cells in Lotus123 worksheet

3. Access violation on TDatabase.Execute

4. Problem copying ntext from xml

5. Avvess Violation when SQL Server executes sp_MShasdbaccess

6. What about Blinker 3.0 ?

7. Access 2000 access violation with SQL 7.0 using a TreeViev

8. RDO Oracle query: Urgent please help

9. DrWatson when jdbc access - Access violation (access to address 0x00005)

10. SQL server: process generated an access violation

11. Access Violation while connecting to SQL Server

12. Exception Access Violation importin from excel to sql server

13. SQLSRV32.DLL Access violation on SQL Server 2000