QueryTimeout being ignored ?

Post by CC » Sun, 08 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I have tried setting the QueryTimeout on a data control in VB to
60 seconds it seems to be ignored.

The code is

        data1.database.QueryTimeout = 60
        data1.refresh

Is my set querytimout being ignored.

I have tried  this on two databases Sybase and SQL Server using
ODBC.

Any help is welcome.

--
Thanks in advance Connell

1. QueryTimeout in connection string

I have the following problem, I use ADO to access an SQL 6.5 and
I need to set the query timeout directly in the connection string. I can't
set the
property in any other way ... I tried something like:

Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data source=SrvName;Initial catalog=DatabaseName;User
Id=uid;Password=pswd;ConnectionTimeout=0;QueryTimeout=0

but it seems is not working and I have timeout messages because the server
is hevy loaded.

Any ideeas are welcome.

Thx
Catalin

2. Experiences with FAST?

3. SQL QueryTimeout using Data Control

4. At my wits end with ODBC error 80040e14

5. error ORA-01855: AM/A.M. or PM/P.M. required

6. SQL Question - how to find next available number

7. Busy Day = Slowdown from 12 AM - 5 AM

8. Logfiles Out Of Control

9. Use of @am, Am I dumb?

10. RdoQuery-Openresult-methode gives no QueryTimeout

11. Querytimeout during merge

12. RdoQuery-Openresult-methode gives no QueryTimeout