Deleting an Alias from the BDE in D1

Post by Michael Wool » Sun, 16 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Can somebody show me an example of deleting an alias from the BDE in Delphi
1.0?

Deleting an Alias from the BDE in D1

Post by Chuck Ga » Tue, 18 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Can somebody show me an example of deleting an alias from the BDE in Delphi
>1.0?

Ok, first, my reference (Delphi Database Devlopment by
Blue,Caster,Lief and Scott, M&T Books) says that you must have at
least the 1.02 release Delphi, IDAPI01.DLL dated June 22, 1995 or
later.

With that out of the way,

var MyAlias : String

begin
        MyAlias := 'KILLME';
        Check( DbiDeleteAlias( nil,  PChar( MyAlias ) ) );
end;

-------------------------------------

The Check() call tests for a DBI Error, and will raise an exception if
an error occurred.  Some possible causes of errors are:  No alias name
passed, or Alias not found.

Chuck Gadd
Director of Software Development, * FX Communications.

Remove the - in front of my email address to send me e-mail.
*** I boycott businesses that send me unsolicited email adverti*ts ***

Post by Dave Brenn » Mon, 14 Apr 1997 04:00:00

>>Can somebody show me an example of deleting an alias from the BDE in Delphi
>>1.0?

>Ok, first, my reference (Delphi Database Devlopment by
>Blue,Caster,Lief and Scott, M&T Books) says that you must have at
>least the 1.02 release Delphi, IDAPI01.DLL dated June 22, 1995 or
>later.

>With that out of the way,

>var MyAlias : String

>begin
>    MyAlias := 'KILLME';
>    Check( DbiDeleteAlias( nil,  PChar( MyAlias ) ) );
>end;

>-------------------------------------

>The Check() call tests for a DBI Error, and will raise an exception if
>an error occurred.  Some possible causes of errors are:  No alias name
>passed, or Alias not found.

>Chuck Gadd
>Director of Software Development, * FX Communications.

>Remove the - in front of my email address to send me e-mail.
>*** I boycott businesses that send me unsolicited email adverti*ts ***

I tried using this (with 16 bit) and I got a compile error.  I could
not find DbiDeleteAlias in dbiProcs.int but I did find DbiAddAlias.
Do I need a newer version of that file?  If so, where can I get one?

Post by Markku Nevalaine » Tue, 15 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> I tried using this (with 16 bit) and I got a compile error.  I could
> not find DbiDeleteAlias in dbiProcs.int but I did find DbiAddAlias.
> Do I need a newer version of that file?  If so, where can I get one?

I think that the difference is having BDE 2.50 or 2.52. The
DbiDeleteAlias
funtion is implemented only in newer BDE 2.52, in file IDAPI01.DLL. One
can
download the 2.52 version free from Borlands site.

Now, if some with the Delphi 1.02 version owner could tell how does the
DbiDeleteAlias section look in  DBIPROCS.INT, then also the faithful 1.0
users could get this useful function to their possession.

Perhaps it is this way..., I'm not sure.

Markku Nevalainen