Delphi / CGI / WWW

Post by Michael Suedka » Sat, 29 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>   How can I write a CGI program for HTTP server??

Check out DELPHCGI.ZIP on the Super Page!

Michael
--

Delphi / CGI / WWW

Post by Russell Englan » Mon, 01 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> >   How can I write a CGI program for HTTP server??

> Check out DELPHCGI.ZIP on the Super Page!

> Michael
> --

Where is the super page?
Russell England
Contract Software Services Ltd

http://www.css2.com

1. Delphi CGI Problem - CGI Program Only Runs When Delphi Also Runs

Here's a strange one:

I have developed a CGI program written in Delphi.  It uses Ann Lynnworth's
freeware CGIEnvData component (thanks Ann!) and does some database access
to get the info it needs to produce its HTML.  The server is WebSite, running
on a Windows NT machine.  I compile the code on my Windows 95 machine, and
the executable gets written to the NT machine's cgi-win directory.

The intermitant problem is, that when I run the program from my web browser, I get the
message "Message: Failed to create CGI process" from the server.  If I log in to the
NT console and run Delphi and then quit Delphi, but stay logged in, the program works
fine, either on a local browser or a remote one.  If I log out, it stops working
again.

I copied the example program for CGIEnvData into a different program and ran
it, and it worked fine, without having to run Delphi.

The NT machine is shared by a number of users, so I can't just stay logged in.

Has anyone come across a similar problem?  And if they have, do they know of
a solution?  Thanks for any help or insights.

James B. Tubman                       Alberta Research Council
Program Leader                        Advanced Computing & Engineering Dept.

http://www.arc.ab.ca/                 6815 - 8 Street NE
Phone: (403) 297-2656                 Calgary, Alberta
Fax:   (403) 297-2339                 Canada T2E 7H7
http://akaela.arc.ab.ca/WWW/jbtpgp.html  -- PGP Public Key
"When I have a little money, I buy some books. And if I have any left over,
 I buy food and clothes."                                        -- Erasmus

2. Crash & Recover but Oracle8i Disk Thrashing

3. Connect ORACLE to WWW through Pro*C-CGI scripts (was:CGI-Perl)

4. MSA97 reports from Temporary tables in SQLServer 6.5

5. WWW CGI and GSQL/ESQL on PSC WWW server

6. DSN changes from TCP/IP to NamedPipes

7. CGI - How to use Delphi for CGI programming

8. DTS Transformations Vanishing

9. ingres net, www, security, cgi

10. Connect ORACLE to WWW through CGI-Perl-Script