First, after you change the parameter, the changes are not applied. You
1. Update the datasource so that the data is updated using the new
2. Recreate the Data Report to display the new data.
In the following example, the data report is based on a data environment,
which has a command object based on a parameter query of a database. When
the program is running, I change the parameter and update the
dataenvironment and then recreate the data report:
Note: txtParameter is a textbox used to change the parameter.
cmdRunQuery is a button that I click after specifying a new
parameter in the above textbox.
GetAnAuthor is a command object under the DataeEnvironment1
Private Sub cmdRunQuery_Click()
If .rsGetAnAuthor.State = adStateOpen Then
.GetAnAuthor txtParameter.Text 'This line refreshes the
DataEnvironment using the text in the textbox txtParameter.
If .rsGetAnAuthor.RecordCount > 0 Then
MsgBox "Found " & .rsGetAnAuthor.Fields("Au_LName").Value
MsgBox "No author found"
DataReport1.Show 'This line recreates the DataReport.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
You assume all risk for your use. Copy right, 2001 Microsoft Corporation.
All rights reserved.
1. why the identity values don't enter while importing data from Excel
I am trying to import an Excel file filled with data to a
table in SQL Server. The 1st column of my table in the DB
is an identity, so I don't include this column in my Excel
file and assume that when the import happens, it will
trigger the addition of the idetity values and insert the
right values automatically, like what happens when we
use "insert" statement manually. But it does not work this
way! The import utility is smart enough to figure out the
one-to-one mapping for all columns, and "ignore" the first
column. But when the import starts, it fails and complains
the 1st column in the db can't be inserted NULL.
HOw can I work around this?
Thank you in advance.
2. Unable to browse the cube 'Sales'. Unspecified error
3. Data Report async show don't know how
5. why i can browse cube's data and dimension's data
6. Are WebDB 3.0 and OAS 4.x integrated together?
7. Crystal Reports won't Refresh data each opening
8. criticel error with service pack 5a
9. How to refresh data on a VB 6.0 Data Report
10. Data Report Refresh (not refreshing)
11. Why doesn't refresh always refresh?
12. AUTO refresh OLAP CUBE data after DATA WAREHOUSE DATA
13. How to AUTO refresh OLAP CUBE data after DATA WAREHOUSE data is changed