Is it possible to create a new ACCESS table?

Is it possible to create a new ACCESS table?

Post by Bob Chappui » Fri, 23 Feb 2001 00:10:02

I would like to programmatically create a new table with a user input
name by copying the table definition from an existing table.  Is this
possible?

Thanks for any help

Is it possible to create a new ACCESS table?

Post by Don Goul » Fri, 23 Feb 2001 00:30:27

Yes

you use the tabledef collection

Cheers

DiG

Quote:> I would like to programmatically create a new table with a user input
> name by copying the table definition from an existing table.  Is this
> possible?

> Thanks for any help

Is it possible to create a new ACCESS table?

Post by H. Kanan » Sun, 25 Feb 2001 11:08:11

I  have a similar problem but with some difference.
I want to create a new table, an exact copy of the existing table, without
data. In Oracle I could do this
by
    Create table tablename as(select * from oldtable where 2=1)
How can I accomplish this in Access 2000 and using ADOX  at runtime.
Thanks.
ram

> Yes

> you use the tabledef collection

> Cheers

> DiG

> > I would like to programmatically create a new table with a user input
> > name by copying the table definition from an existing table.  Is this
> > possible?

> > Thanks for any help

Is it possible to create a new ACCESS table?

Post by Bob Chappu » Sun, 25 Feb 2001 22:25:46

That is what I want to do also but with Access 97 with ADO.  As far as
I can tell, ADO does not support the Tabledef collection.

>I  have a similar problem but with some difference.
>I want to create a new table, an exact copy of the existing table, without
>data. In Oracle I could do this
>by
>    Create table tablename as(select * from oldtable where 2=1)
>How can I accomplish this in Access 2000 and using ADOX  at runtime.
>Thanks.
>ram

>> Yes

>> you use the tabledef collection

>> Cheers

>> DiG

>> > I would like to programmatically create a new table with a user input
>> > name by copying the table definition from an existing table.  Is this
>> > possible?

>> > Thanks for any help

1. Is it possible to create a new table

and fill the table with times. The first time should be a starttime
taken from an external file and the time field for the next records
should be filled with the time from the previous record with a
specific interval (eg. 0:05) added. Is this possible??

Is  it also possible to relate two files with eachother (one file with
only the times from the first question and one file with appointments)
and show only the times from the first file (the 'times'-file) that
are not being used by the appointments file??

Thanx,
Toine

2. Excel - ADO Problem

3. creating new table and allowing full access to MS access l

4. Power Builder 5.0 and SQL Server 7.0

5. Is this Possible Using DTS?Could you say the details.I am new

6. hyperlink is invalid

7. Update data in a table when a new table with new datas is created

8. Calculating a total in a portal

9. I am creating a new query using ADOX and no matter

10. Help! Creating a New Table in access

11. Creating a new record from an Access table

12. Creating new fields in Access tables using ADO 2

13. CREATE TABLE or Import results in new table being flagged as SYSTEM table