Package & Deployment Wizard

Post by Larry Leber » Fri, 29 Dec 2000 01:21:10

I've recently tried to compile and distribute an application I wrote.  When
I run the Package and Deployment Wizard everything completes successfully.
When I install the application, during the "Updating system" routine I get
the following error:

The file '..\locals~1\temp\msftqws.pdw\$(DLLSelfRegisterEx)' could not be
registered because it was not found.

I have another application that I tried to distribute and it worked great...
no errors.

I am using VB6 SP3.

Any ideas....

Package & Deployment Wizard

Post by Larry Leber » Fri, 29 Dec 2000 02:55:47

Never mind, I found the answer.  For those who are interested see this
article

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q208/6/99.asp

Quote:> I've recently tried to compile and distribute an application I wrote.
When
> I run the Package and Deployment Wizard everything completes successfully.
> When I install the application, during the "Updating system" routine I get
> the following error:

> The file '..\locals~1\temp\msftqws.pdw\$(DLLSelfRegisterEx)' could not be
> registered because it was not found.

> I have another application that I tried to distribute and it worked
great...
> no errors.

> I am using VB6 SP3.

> Any ideas....

1. Errors from VB6 Package & Deployment Wizard

I have written an OCX control in VB6 which uses a Sheridan Data Widget
control and therefore has a dependency of SSDW3B32.OCX. The VB6 Package &
Deployment wizard correctly picks up this file but on some machines BUT not
all I get the following error when the setup program for my controlis run:
Error occured while registering the file c:\windows\system\ssdw3b32.ocx

I am using my control to connect to SQL Server 6.5 via ADO and bring back
some records and using this control in a client server Access 97 app.

**** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here (tm) ****

2. SQL Server 2000 question.

3. Package & Deployment Wizard Problem

4. oledb provider timeout

5. Package & Deployment Wizard with SQL2000

6. quick easy question

7. Package & Deployment Wizard Query

8. package & Deployment Wizard

9. Package & Deployment Wizard and Bitmaps

10. VB Packaging & Deployment Wizard & ADO

11. Package&Deployment wizard problem

12. Package & Deployment Wizard - Missing Dependency Information for ADO 2.5