Insert Memo field.

Post by Carlo » Tue, 29 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I have a Table that contains a Memo field.
        In want to do this:

insert into client (observ) values ("This is the memo field");

        The response is:

        Not suported to Blob Fields.

        How can i do this?

        TIA.

Insert Memo field.

Post by Mike Bublit » Tue, 29 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for (since it's not
SQL based), but here's how I do it.  It basically reads a memo field
from one table and copies it into a corresponding field in a target
table.

    Table1MemoField1.Assign(Table2.FieldByName('MemoField2'));

Hope this helps,

-Mike

> I have a Table that contains a Memo field.
>         In want to do this:

> insert into client (observ) values ("This is the memo field");

>         The response is:

>         Not suported to Blob Fields.

>         How can i do this?

1. PROBLEMS INSERTING MEMO FIELDS FROM TABLE FIELD TO TEXT FILE

I am experiencing some big problems when i use to pass data of Memo Type
from a table Field to a Text File.
What i do is  a simple INSERT INTO ... etc. a Text file. Everything works
excelent, except for those fields that has "return characters" (chr(10)) in
its text. When it has one, before the return character begins a new record
in the text file. So when i want to import that text file into a table with
a create structure it crashes.

If anyone of you have experienced something similar i will appreciate your
help.

I'm using VB4 16 Bits and MS Access as the Database.

Thanks in advance..

2. Columns in Indexes

3. How to Insert Memo Fields?

4. Paradox 9

5. inserting memo field in Foxplus database

6. Informix IDS 9.21 on RedHat Linux 7.1

7. error when inserting Memo fields

8. Append/Insert memo field data

9. INSERT MEMO fields using BDE

10. JDBC Inserts into Access 97 Memo Field

11. insert/update problems with memo fields

12. Using ADO Command object and Access PROCEDURE to insert Memo/Binary fields