Time Function, Help, Please

Post by Gon?alo Bolé » Sun, 06 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Please could someone tell me as I am new to Visual Basic and programming as
>I can't find any examples, of how to take a TimeStarted and TimeEnded which
>is in two different labels and place the difference in a third label
>TotalTime.

You have a function that returns to you the diference between to dates
DateDiff(interval, date1, dat2)
and you can use the Now function and the Format function to set the time for
the format you want.

hope this help you,
Gon?alo Bolo

Time Function, Help, Please

Post by M.Norma » Mon, 07 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi there,

Please could someone tell me as I am new to Visual Basic and programming as
I can't find any examples, of how to take a TimeStarted and TimeEnded which
is in two different labels and place the difference in a third label
TotalTime.

Please I would really appreciate it

Best Regards
Mike

Time Function, Help, Please

Post by Lee J. Wein » Mon, 07 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi there,

>Please could someone tell me as I am new to Visual Basic and programming as
>I can't find any examples, of how to take a TimeStarted and TimeEnded which
>is in two different labels and place the difference in a third label
>TotalTime.

This line will get you the number of seconds difference between the two times:

        lSeconds = DateDiff("s", Label1, Label2)

Then, do some division to get the number of hours, minutes, seconds.

Lee Weiner
weiner AT fuse DOT net
http://home.fuse.net/lweiner

Time Function, Help, Please

Post by Chia Tet Chen » Wed, 16 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hie!  My name is Gavin

Can somebody pls tell me what is automation error or Err 440?

I get this error while running a form accessing the Oracle database while
moving through the records.  It is fustrating because I'm using the Movenext
and Moveprevious methods of the Recordset object to move through the
records.  At first my form will be working very fine and out of the blue
comes this error...

Thanks!

1. COMBO BOX, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP!

 Newsgroups:
              comp.databases.xbase.fox

I'm using VFP 3.0 for Mac and want to design a form with combo
boxes. Everything seems fine but after I checked any item on
any drop-down list there is nothing to appear in the box itself.
In other words, I can see the list and check any item, but
nothing shows up in the filled box. I designed these combo
boxes using combo box builder and every step seems correct.
I would like to hear from anyone regarding this problem. I
want to express my sincere thanks for your kind help in
advance.

Fang Qian

2. ADODB (in ASP)

3. Date - Time function please

4. Secure DB design ?

5. emergency please help me please please please

6. COPY non-identical rows to same table?? getting error.

7. APPROACH QUERY-PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

8. Date time function help

9. Need help for a query on date/time functions

10. Problem with time/date fields and Len Function Need Help

11. HELP With Time/Date Functions

12. Please help - function sequence error?