Updated Merge files for Visual Installer

Updated Merge files for Visual Installer

Post by Kim O'Sulliva » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 13:33:24

Hi All,

I have VB6 SP4 installed, and Visual Installer 1.0 installed (On a Windows
2000 Pro installation if that is relevant).
I am trying to create an .MSI setup file using Visual Studio for a project
of mine (That uses ADO 2.1) but I am getting reports of several MSM files
that are out-of-date when compared to the versions installed on my system.

I have tried re-installing SP4 & Visual Installer but nothing has changed,
so I can only assume that Visual Installer must be installing old MSM files
and SP4 isn't updating them.

Does anyone know where I can find MSM files for the following 6 components
that are up-to-date with an SP4 installation?

MSVBM60.MSM
MDAC.MSM
MSBIND.MSM
MSSTDFMT.MSM
MSADODC.MSM
MSCOMCTL.MSM

Many thanks,

--Kim

Updated Merge files for Visual Installer

Post by Ahsa » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I have had the same problem with my software..

Try installing Mdac_typ2.5.exe (or 2.1) on your machine before creating the
installation files.. it worked for me.

Quote:>Hi All,