Export Query

Post by ralph_da.. » Sun, 17 Dec 2000 17:47:31

I have 2 local MDB-files and need to exchange data between them.
Is it possible to do by some SQL statement
or I need to use recordset ojects to add rows one by one?
TIA,
<Ralph>

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Export Query

Post by Hemo » Wed, 20 Dec 2000 06:34:18

I've never done this, but I think with ADO, you could read a recordset
(containing multiple records) from one database, attach a new connection to
another database to the recordset, and file the recordset.  You would need
someway to force each record in the recordset back into the new database.
But that is a simple loop through the recordset.  In theory you should be
able to do something like this, but I'm sure there are a few "gotchas" along
the way.

But to the heart of the matter, I don't know of any way to read and write to
2 different databases in 1 step.

Quote:> I have 2 local MDB-files and need to exchange data between them.
> Is it possible to do by some SQL statement
> or I need to use recordset ojects to add rows one by one?
> TIA,
> <Ralph>

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

1. Export Query

I have 2 local MDB-files and need to exchange data between them.
Is it possible by some SQL statement
or I need to use recordset ojects to add rows one by one?
TIA,
<Ralph>

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Optimizing a GROUP BY Query

3. How can I export query result from sqlplus

4. **** User-defined Functions / Divide by Zero!!!! ****

5. Export query results to excel

6. Sql Function for a time

7. export query = question ?