Using ADOX to Link Tables

Post by Carl Frick » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I've got several applicaitons that I need to use an Access DB to link from
foreign data sources.  This was easily accomplished on the fly with DAO.

Does anyone know how to do this in ADOX?  I've been searching on the
Knowlege Base and come up empty.

Using ADOX to Link Tables

Post by mary chipma » Wed, 26 Jan 2000 04:00:00

you can link tables using ADOX, but don't bother. reason: they're
read-only. this is an acknowledged bug for which there is no fix.
stick with DAO when you need to link tables.

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:48:35 -0500, "Carl Fricks"

>I've got several applicaitons that I need to use an Access DB to link from
>foreign data sources.  This was easily accomplished on the fly with DAO.

>Does anyone know how to do this in ADOX?  I've been searching on the
>Knowlege Base and come up empty.

Using ADOX to Link Tables

Post by Carl Frick » Wed, 26 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Mary,

    I appreciate your response.  For the application in question, I would
not be worried about them being read only.   I can see how this would be a
major problem for many applications though.

I figured out how to link using ADOX last night if anybody is interested in
how to do this.

---Carl