Can any one help me, there must be someone out there

Can any one help me, there must be someone out there

Post by Kyle » Tue, 27 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi
I am using VB5 and Access 97;
When I try to add a new record VB will stop at this line of code:

dat_tests.recordset.addnew

with this error message: "Run-time error '3426': This action was
cancelled by
an associated object."  But if I press the [F5] key to continue running
the
program it works fine.  The error message will only come up if I
canceled(dat_tests.recordset.cancelupdate) the prevous addnew or edit

thanks in advance

Kyle

Can any one help me, there must be someone out there

Post by Stephanie Stow » Tue, 27 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Got any code?

>Hi
>I am using VB5 and Access 97;
>When I try to add a new record VB will stop at this line of code:

>dat_tests.recordset.addnew

>with this error message: "Run-time error '3426': This action was
>cancelled by
>an associated object."  But if I press the [F5] key to continue running
>the
>program it works fine.  The error message will only come up if I
>canceled(dat_tests.recordset.cancelupdate) the prevous addnew or edit

>thanks in advance

>Kyle

1. One to many relation, someone help!

Dear all,

We are developing a VFP form which has two tables included, one is 'order', which keeps information about an order, and the other one is 'order_item', which keeps the detailed ordered items associated with orders in 'order' table.

These two tables are kept on SQL server.   Primary key in 'table' is set to rec_no, which is automatically numbered by SQL Server each time a record is added, same as 'order_item', with rec_no as identity.   To the 'order_item' there is a field named 'ord_id', which stores the identity of 'order', so that one to many relationship can be set up.

However, each time when we are trying to add new records into 'order' and 'order_item', error message occurs, which says "attemp to insert duplicate key row in object 'order_item' with unique index 'ord_id'".  It is not realised by us.  What am we doing wrong?  Can someone give a hint?  Many thanks!

Best regards,
Ron.

2. Help!!! IT'S THE BLOB...

3. Bit of a no-brainer this one, but could someone please help

4. determining connection status

5. Can Some one help me, I am Lost

6. GLS initialization failed

7. query time outs! please help

8. combobox to listbox to textbox

9. Can someone tell me which one is faster , Sybase ASA or SQL Server 7.0

10. SOMEONE must be able to answer this one...?

11. Surely someone has the answer to this one!

12. Wanted someone one too write 2 section of code (Paid)

13. Can someone crack this one for me?