VB6 Appending Records in a Table to another Table

VB6 Appending Records in a Table to another Table

Post by Francis Met » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 22:32:38

All,

I have 1 small problem before I can complete a project due in 4 days.  The
problem is such:

I have 2 separate Access db's each with 1 table.  The db names are
dbProcedures.mdb and dbMasterProcedures.mdb.  The master db has a large
table with over 4000 records in it currently.  I want to use VB6 to write an
application that will append the records in dbProcedures.mdb to
dbMasterProcedures.mdb.  I know how to do this in Access 2000 but I need it
to be a simple double click with no user "thinking" needed.  My skills are
beginer to intermediate and I know I could figure this out if i had more
time.  Can anyone help??

Thanks,

Francis Metz

VB6 Appending Records in a Table to another Table

Post by Rod Doornbosc » Wed, 07 Feb 2001 14:31:34

If you want to do this in VB you can always use

INSERT INTO TABLE1(Field1, filed2, filed3) SELECT * FROM Table2

Quote:> All,

> I have 1 small problem before I can complete a project due in 4 days.  The
> problem is such:

> I have 2 separate Access db's each with 1 table.  The db names are
> dbProcedures.mdb and dbMasterProcedures.mdb.  The master db has a large
> table with over 4000 records in it currently.  I want to use VB6 to write
an
> application that will append the records in dbProcedures.mdb to
> dbMasterProcedures.mdb.  I know how to do this in Access 2000 but I need
it
> to be a simple double click with no user "thinking" needed.  My skills are
> beginer to intermediate and I know I could figure this out if i had more
> time.  Can anyone help??

> Thanks,

> Francis Metz

1. Appending records from Access 97 tables in SQL tables

I created a SQL 2000 database using an Access Project (ADP) in Access 2002.
In this ADP I linked (created views) to several Access 97 tables in an MDB
file located on a separate server.  I set up SQL tables containing the same
columns as the Access 97 views, to store the data imported from Access 97.
Each night I would like to run two jobs in SQL Server which would first
empty the SQL tables, then re-populate them by appending records from the
Access 97 views in SQL.

The stored procedure (delete query) that I created in SQL works well, both
manually and from a scheduled SQL job.  However, the append query only works
manually from the SQL query analyzer or from within Access 2002.  The SQL
job that I set up for the append fails every time.  The stored procedures
that I am using in the job steps in the two Transact-SQL jobs are:

For the delete:
    Execute StoredProcedure_Delete_StatusTypes
    Go

For the append:
    Execute StoredProcedure_Append_StatusTypes
    Go

I thought the problem might lie with permissions, but I have given full
rights to the user, including database owner rights.

I would appreciate any thoughts on why the append query is failing while in
job mode.

Bill

2. OH-Cleveland-47066--MS Excel-MS Office-Windows-Analyst

3. Access 97/SqlServer 7: Appending Access Tables into Sql Server tables doesnt work for big tables

4. Understanding execution plan

5. Access97/Sqlserver7: Appending Access tables into Sql sever tables doesnt work for big tables

6. Performance : SP vs View

7. Appending records from multiple tables -

8. OH PLEASE HELP!

9. Help on appending new records in SQL Tables

10. Append vs Make Table - Total Record Limits?

11. Append Record to a table ?

12. How to append record to an empty table.

13. trouble Appending records to attached DBF table (ACC 97)