OpenRecordset 3001 Invalid Argument error

OpenRecordset 3001 Invalid Argument error

Post by Mel Nutte » Fri, 02 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I have an Access 95 application that is distributed among several
users.  I am writing a VB application to update several tables behind
the scenes.

The AddNew/Update works find when a user does not have an Access form
open.  I get an 3001 error when a user has a form open locking the
tables I want.   I assume when you open the form you are creating a
dynaset.  I am wondering if a page lock is occurring.  I have tried
coding my openrecordset several different ways to avoid a 3001 Invalid
arguement error.

Any ideas?

1. Error 3001 - Invalid argument

Hi. I have a visual basic program that accesses a Microsoft
Access database. I had it working fine with Access 97 and DAO
3.5. I upgraded the database to Access 2000 and I changed my
program to use DAO 3.6 to access it. I thought it was working
fine, but I just noticed that one of my update queries isn't
working correctly. This query has one particular parameter of
type memo that is used to update a corresponding field that is
also of type memo. For some reason, if I set the value of this
parameter to a string with with any more than two characters, I
get Error 3001 - Invalid argument when I try to execute the
query. I get no error on the line where I actually set the value
of the parameter. The weird thing is that I have another memo
field in this table and a corresponding memo parameter in the
query that appear to be set up exactly the same way and I'm
having no problem with this pair. I have an append query with the
same parameters that appends records to this same table that is
giving me exactly the same problem. If I run these queries from
within Access rather than through my VB program, I'm able to
enter as many characters as I want into the troublesome parameter
and I get no error.

If anyone can suggest something I can try I'd really appreciate
it.  Thanks. - paul

--

2. A TSQL statement that does *nothing*?

3. Error 3001, Invalid Argument, Not all the time!

4. add new record through a portal issue

5. Error 3001: Invalid argument

6. 9i OCP Exam Guides ??

7. Please Help...Linking MBD's with code -- ERROR 3001 - Invalid Argument

8. 7.2 html docs

9. ERROR 3001 - "Invalid Argument"

10. CompactDatabase gives "3001: Invalid Argument"

11. Error 3001 - Arguments are of the wrong type...

12. Invalid Argument OpenRecordset

13. Filter on Recordset - RT Err '3001' Invalid Argument - Any Ideas?