Connecting to Oracle database

Post by mickey » Sat, 24 May 2003 13:18:27

What componnent do I use to connect to Oracle database?

Connecting to Oracle database

Post by darkattractio » Sun, 25 May 2003 07:28:54

ODAC (www.crlab.com)
DOA (www.allroundautomation.nl)

Quote:> What componnent do I use to connect to Oracle database?

1. HOWTO connecting to Oracle database without Oracle Client?

He, please help...
I create an application to access Oracle Database:
Host: MYORADB1
IP: 10.10.10.5
Port: 1524, instead the default 1521
User: myuser
Pass: mypass

I have Oracle Client on my PC and the server configuration already added to
my Service Name: SERV1,
so I create connection string:
"Driver={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle};SERVER=SERV1;UID=myuser;PWD=mypass"
The connection was sucess.

I want to deploye my application to another PC without Oracle Client, how to
write the connection string, so it will describe host, port, user and pass.

Thanks in advance.
joshua

2. Updating linked tables automatically.

3. 2 VB applications connected to Oracle database (7.0)

4. SQLCE and windows ce 4.0

5. Hello Dr. Spofford - AS2K - Cannot process cube connecting to ORACLE database

6. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

7. Connect to Oracle database

8. Date Types and Stored Procedures

9. How to connect to ORACLE database?

10. FORMAT OF CONNECTIONSTRING TO CONNECT TO ORACLE DATABASE USING ADO

11. Connect to Oracle database server

12. HELP: Data Access Objects w/ ODBC connected to Oracle Database

13. How do I connect to Oracle database