Using ADO 2.1 / ADOX / ADO 2.0 with C++

Post by LuAnn Bradfor » Tue, 02 Feb 1999 04:00:00

A majority of the documentation I have come across, both in books and
online, has used Visual Basic to show code examples for ADO and ADOX. I
need to use C++. Is there C++ documentation available, preferably for at
least ADO 2.0 and ADOX?

Using ADO 2.1 / ADOX / ADO 2.0 with C++

Post by Gert Draper » Tue, 02 Feb 1999 04:00:00

There are multiple article on the web. One good one is
http://msdn.microsoft.com/developer/news/feature/datajul98/adorosest.htm in
general look at http://www.microsoft.com/data/techmat.htm

-GertD

Using ADO 2.1 / ADOX / ADO 2.0 with C++

Post by Lyn Robiso » Thu, 04 Feb 1999 04:00:00

A new book entitled "Teach Yourself Database Programming with Visual C++ in
21 Days" has info on C++ ADO programming.

You can read the entire book online (for free) on the Macmillan Publishing
site at the Personal Bookshelf at http://www.mcp.com/personal. After
entering your name and email address, you can view the book by choosing the
Programming category or the Database -- Client/Server category, and
scrolling down until you find "Teach Yourself Database Programming with
Visual C++ in 21 Days", by Lyn Robison.

You can find more information about the book, including readers comments,
by looking on Amazon.com and searching by the ISBN number, which is
0-672-31350-2.

You can also read a chapter of the book on the Microsoft Web site at:
http://www.microsoft.com/data/tch-vc21.htm

Good luck,
Lyn