Replacement of rapidfile

Post by Samuel Stammbac » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi all,

I'm developping an application oriented on Database with D2 for a small
company. The Director want to control my program using RapidFile (old dos
app.). The problem is that my Dababases are Paradox 5.
My question:
Is there a new version of rapidfile for windows, or if not, a small app.
abble to read paradox database, and (specially) construct visual request
(MSQuery doesn't work very good)
thank's for any reply

Sam

Samuel Stammbach

Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne (EPFL)
Computer Science Department

1. Converting Rapidfile without rapidfile software

hello,
I have several rapidfile files that I need to convert to something I
can work with like dbase, Access or SAS.

I don't have the rapidfile software.  I also currently don't have
dbase but am searching to see if anyone in the company has it
installed on their computer.

I tried to use foxpro but it seams that I would need to know the names
of the fields in the file first, setup a foxpro table then "append
from" using the rpd type.

When I tried to guess the field names and sizes, I found that the data
wasn't being imported correctly.

In dbase, would I need to know the field names and sizes first?

Does anyone have any ideas that I can try?  I really need to access
the data.

Thanks

2. US-LA-PL/SQL DEVELOPER

3. Rapidfile postscript driver

4. Need help selecting prog type

5. RapidFile (Borland)?

6. Paradox Tools for Referential integrity

7. Import of RapidFile tables

8. Attach single file db (sql2000 -> sql7)

9. RapidFile

10. RapidFile (Borland)?

11. RAPIDFILE

12. Help: successor to rapidfile?