Install Access 2.0 Cmpt Layer w/o Access 2.0 for VB 3.0

Install Access 2.0 Cmpt Layer w/o Access 2.0 for VB 3.0

Post by Louis M. Lel » Fri, 07 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Does anyone know of a way to get the new compatiblity layer, which allows VB
to interface with Access 2.0 .MDB files, to install without actually having
Access installed on the PC?  Or is there another compatibility layer designed
for situations just like mine?

Thanks in advance.

1. Can't Install 2.0 compatibility layer without Access 2.0

I am using visual basic 3.0 and have been given an Access 2.0 Database
to look at. I don't have MS Access 2.0 but I thought that if I
installed the compatability layer in comlyr.exe that I could use VB to
read the files. The problem is that the setup program for comlyr won't
work because it can't find access 2.0 in my system. Is there a way
around this or do I have to buy Access 2.0?

Thanks.

--
Grant Wickman

2. Help with simple query

3. Accessing Access 2.0 database with VB3, ODBC 2.0 and Microsotf Jet Engine Compatibility Layer

4. Sql 6.5 Restore db

5. Compatibility Layer for VB 3.0 -> Access 2.0

6. LitServer: A Mailserver for Bibliographic References in Computer Science

7. Where can I get the VB 3.0/Access 2.0 compatibility layer

8. pgsql/contrib/intarray/data (test__int.data)

9. Compatibility Layer for VB 3.0 -> Access 2.0

10. Access 2.0 to Visual Basic 3.0 Compatability Layer Wanted

11. howto access Access 2.0 under VB 3.0

12. VB Distributional appl using Access 2.0 comp layer

13. Help for VB to Access 2.0 compatibility layer.