Networks

Post by Phil Wrigh » Tue, 20 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I am using Delphi 1 with Titan and Btrieve.  The app I have written works
fine in multi user mode over a Novell Network.  However it is important
that my app only works in single user mode.

How can I tell if the app is in use by another station on the Network ?

I am currently flagging a field in a record when the first user logs on
and then resetting the flag when the user logs out.  This works fine
because I can check the flag on entry and then quit the app if it is
already flagged.

The problem is that if a crash happens the field could be left flagged
and the nobody would ever get in again.

I am playing with making a table exclusive and checking the results but I
am not having much success with this. Possibly due to a lack of knowledge
on my part.

Thanks

Phil

Networks

Post by Jay Schwis » Wed, 21 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> I am playing with making a table exclusive and checking the results
> but I am not having much success with this. Possibly due to a lack of
> knowledge on my part.

This is what I would suggest is making the tables exclusive access.
Contact Titan on this.

God Bless,

--

08/19/96 21:09