ODBC call failed 3146

Post by Lars Woo » Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I would like to edit a recordset, but whenever I try it,
update was not successfully and I got an error 3146.

Before you ask :
I am using ODBC.dll version 2.x
I'm using MS SQL 7 and already set the NOCOUNT value to OFF

My code :
  Set myWorkspace = Workspaces(0)
  strConnection = "ODBC;UID=" & strUser & ";PWD=" & strPWD  & ";Initial
Catalog=xxx"
  Set myDB = myWorkspace.OpenDatabase("dsn-entry", True, False,
strConnection)
  strSQL = "Select * FROM table"

  Set myRS = con.OpenRecordset(strSQL, dbOpenDynaset, dbSeeChanges,
dbOptimistic)
'works fine !
  '    myRs.LockEdit = False ?
  If Not myRs.Updatable Then MsgBox "not updateable"
  myRS.Edit
  myRS("aktnr") = "01 00"
  myRS.Update           -> Error

Do you have any idea !
Help !

Thanks in advance

Lars

1. ODBC Call Failed 3146

Here's the situation, this problem is happening on a possible client's
machine, so I don't have access to play around with it to find out
exactly what is going on but maybe some one has an idea,
The setup is SQL 6.5 and Access 97,
Possibly this could be the cause: the guy went in to the SQL table and
changed the default value through the GUI from "alotted" to "unallotted"
seemingly after he did this (he could have done other things but can't
remember) when in Access he enters a value into a field and hits a
button that does a

DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, , acMenuVer70

it gives him error: 3146 ODBC Call Failed
If you go directly into the table and add a record, it works fine.  The
Form is bound to the table itself not to a query. (I didn't write the
thing)
Does this have anything to do with him changing the default value?
Like I said, if I could go in and play with it to figure out the
problem, I would, but I can't so if you possible know what it could be
please let me know,
Thanks,
Becky

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. GRANT & DROP

3. ODBC "3146 ODBC call failed"

4. how to find if a user is connected to the Analysis server?

5. Actual ODBC error codes rather than 3146 -- ODBC Call failed

6. DTS

7. Error 3146: ODBC-call failed with ODBC-direct

8. dynamically generating column names

9. ODBC Call failed error 3146

10. ODBC -- Call Failed Error 3146

11. runtimeerror 3146 ODBC-Call failed