runtime error 429 "ActiveX component cannot create object

runtime error 429 "ActiveX component cannot create object

Post by dpalm » Wed, 28 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I created a small simple program that takes information from a one page
form and writes it to a simple access database.  When trying to save the
data from a remote workstation I get the following error:

runtime error 429 "ActiveX component cannot create object"  I thought it
might have to do with a network mapping problem but the workstation is
mapped correctly so I'm unsure what may be causing the problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated....thanks

Douglas

runtime error 429 "ActiveX component cannot create object

Post by Shawn Wood » Thu, 29 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I, too, have just today experienced this same problem.  In my case, I
developed a standalone ActiveX EXE which creates and makes calls to 2 other
ActiveX EXE processes.  Mine was tricky to compile because due to the
nature of callbacks, I have a circular reference between 2 of the ActiveX
EXE projects.  However, my project compiled and worked correctly (using
Binary compatibility) on my laptop where it was developed, but failed to
work on the server I copied it to.

It verified that the classes are registered by looking at the registry, but
it still gives me the same blasted "Runtime 429" error.  Any ideas?!  Could
the binary compatibility thing be causing the controls to look for
references where none exist?  (I thought by double-clicking an ActiveX EXE,
it was registered similar to using regsvr32 with .dlls)

Thanks for any input!

Shawn Woods

runtime error 429 "ActiveX component cannot create object

Post by Shawn Wood » Fri, 30 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Douglas,

I fixed my '429 runtime error' problem by using Visual Basic Setup Wizard
for the component giving me problems (NOT THE APPLICATION!!).  After I ran
the setup routine on the "flaky" server, everything worked just wonderful!!

Have you given this a shot?

Shawn Woods

Quote:> I created a small simple program that takes information from a one page
> form and writes it to a simple access database.  When trying to save the
> data from a remote workstation I get the following error:

> runtime error 429 "ActiveX component cannot create object"  I thought it
> might have to do with a network mapping problem but the workstation is
> mapped correctly so I'm unsure what may be causing the problem.

> Any suggestions would be appreciated....thanks

> Douglas

1. error 429: activex component cannot create object

i'm trying to install an application that uses ado to access an MSAccess
database.

location of the database is hardcoded for now and the file is located
there.
i made a package with the package&deployment wizard, but when i
installed the application on another computer which only had windows 95b
installed on it, and tried to run it i got the following
errormessagewhen i click on a button that should (among other things)
open the database file and display the contents of it in some way.

---------------------------------
|            Runtime error '429'                                |

| ActiveX component can't create object.      |
---------------------------------

Installed:

Win95b and thats all...

help

2. Where to Start with this Puzzle

3. Help: Error 429 ActiveX component cannot create object

4. Error state 22008

5. Error:429 ActiveX component cannot create object

6. Dynamic SQL

7. Error 429 (ActiveX component cannot create object) with RDO

8. database's objects of another server

9. err. 429, ActiveX component cannot create object

10. runtime error 429 cannot creaate an activex object

11. VB Newbie: error 429 Activex Component can't create object

12. Error 429 ActiveX component can't create object

13. Error 429: ActiveX component cant create object