connecting to oracle database

Post by Venkat Pasha » Tue, 23 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hello there I am trying to connect to Oracle database and I my database admin
has changed the tnsnames.ora(name/value pairs) file but i am not able to run the
application though i am able to compile it.......it gives me the following
exceptions can anybody pls help me out......

thank you.

Connecting to local database
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTCOutBuffer.add(TTCOutBuffer.java:129)
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIMsg.marshalUB1(TTIMsg.java:372)
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIpro.marshal(TTIpro.java:234)
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIpro.<init>(TTIpro.java:96)
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.connect(TTC7Protocol.java:1000)
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.logon(TTC7Protocol.java:158)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:93)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:147)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:91)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:134)
        at test.main(test.java:27)

1. HOWTO connecting to Oracle database without Oracle Client?

He, please help...
I create an application to access Oracle Database:
Host: MYORADB1
IP: 10.10.10.5
Port: 1524, instead the default 1521
User: myuser
Pass: mypass

I have Oracle Client on my PC and the server configuration already added to
my Service Name: SERV1,
so I create connection string:
"Driver={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle};SERVER=SERV1;UID=myuser;PWD=mypass"
The connection was sucess.

I want to deploye my application to another PC without Oracle Client, how to
write the connection string, so it will describe host, port, user and pass.

Thanks in advance.
joshua

2. How To: Inform users a task has completed on the server

3. Hello Dr. Spofford - AS2K - Cannot process cube connecting to ORACLE database

4. IBM Filing Assistant HELP !!!

5. 2 VB applications connected to Oracle database (7.0)

6. GUID type support in for ODBC/C++/GUID as replacement for autonumber fields

7. Applet connecting to Oracle database

8. HELP: Dynamic SQL/Pro*C++ core dumps

9. Connecting to Oracle database

10. Connecting to Oracle Database server from Applet

11. Connecting to Oracle Database viaTCP/IP

12. Problem connecting to Oracle database using linked server