ADO RDO can't create object err 429

Post by Dube » Tue, 29 Jan 2002 07:33:17

Hi,

l am using VB6 and Access 97 and there seem to be a problem with RDO. l get an
error msg Run-time error '429'; ActiveX component can't create object

There is no problem if l am using ADODB or DAO. l have installed the latest 2.7
libraries but to no avail.
Below is the code l'm using in a module which opens the database
   Global Env As rdoEnvironment
    Global dbConn As rdoConnection
    Global RecSetProd As rdoResultset
    Global dB As String
    Global path As String

Public Sub OpenDb()
    Set Env = rdoEnvironments(0)
     path = App.path
    dB = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51;"
    dB = dB & "Data Source=\myServer\dbCust.mdb"
    Set dbConn = Env.OpenConnection(dB, , True, "")
End Sub
The error is on the first line of the OpenDb sub

Also any idea where l can download the latest VB6 service pack.

Thanks for your time
Zee

1. err. 429, ActiveX component cannot create object

I have this message on only one machine (running NT 4 SP 5):

Error '429'
ActiveX Component cannot create object.

code:
Dim wrkEnt  as DAO.workspace

set wrkEnt = CreateWorkspace ("wrkentree", "admin", "", dbUseODBC)

I've installed MDAC 2.5, I've checked c:\Program Files\Common
Files\System\DAO  nothing special.

I have the administrator rights on that machine...

Anybody have ever seen this ?

Thanks

Ghislain Lepage
Ministry of Transportation of Quebec
Canada

2. Storing resume in Database

3. RDO end Error 429 - Cannot create object.

4. Getting started in multimedia: integration issues

5. Error 429 (ActiveX component cannot create object) with RDO

6. Stored procedure : xp_cmdshell

7. Error 429: ActiveX component can't create object when running DTS

8. Replicating 6.5 to the AS/400

9. DTS/ASP -- ActiveX component can't create object Error 429

10. Error 429: ActiveX component can't create object when running DTS

11. Error 429 Can't create Active X Object