Excessive Delay On Edit Method

Post by Bruce A. Wilkinso » Mon, 17 Mar 2003 05:53:25

Hi There

I am currently working on a project and have run accross something I have
never experienced before.  I am using the following code to save the
contents of an MSFlexgrid into a database using the data control.  However,
the first time it runs it takes 20 seconds or so.  Each subsequent run is
instant.  It's as though it is trying to setup variables.

Can anyone suggest any way to eliminate this delay?

Dim FieldNumber%
Dim x As Integer
FieldNumber = 2
Form1.MSFlexGrid1.Col = 1
Form1.Data4.Recordset.edit
For x = 0 To 71
Form1.MSFlexGrid1.Row = x
Form1.Data4.Recordset(FieldNumber).Value = Form1.MSFlexGrid1.Text
FieldNumber = FieldNumber + 1
Next
Form1.Data4.Recordset.Update

1. Delays beween updated method and seeing data on access

hi..

i'm trying to use static cursors (i have no choice server side are not
allowed for some reason) , and i'm binding the fields with a recordset in a
ded. now when i change a field and update it (using the .update method) i
immidietly go to ms-access to see the change, but then i see nothing, only
when i
press update button i created a few times i hear the disk clicks the change
appears. how can i force the change to be activated at once?

2. Scripting question for SQL-Server 7

3. Best methods to open/edit dBase databases?

4. Can't find the log files when upgrading from 7 to 2000

5. The "Edit"-method and an indexed, primary and unique field

6. Version Comparison

7. Edit Method and Reposition Event

8. How to play notes in Vb 6.0

9. Edit Method?

10. The "Edit"-method and an idexed, primary and unique field

11. Recordset Edit method...

12. Edit method for data-bound controls

13. .Edit method of ADO Recordset DNE!