Need help with ADO Connection of a distributable application

Need help with ADO Connection of a distributable application

Post by John Che » Sat, 09 Jun 2001 23:41:20

I have no problem with this VB project in our own network which has the
following connection code:
sConnectionString = _
    "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51;" & _
    "Persist Security Info=False;" & _
    "Data Source=S:\do\Management System\abc.mdb"

But since we are going to distribute the application (.exe file) to many of
our parteners, and they are not supposed to have the same directory for Data
Source as ours, is there any other way to resolve such problem so that
anyone can use the same application in different environment? Thanks a lot.

John

1. insight question about using ADO in distributable application

Hello All,

I'm building an application in VB6 SP3 wich is to be distributed to about 30
customers using a variation of computers (win95a/b/c win98 1st,2nd). The
application is using a msaccess database to retrieve information (questions)
and write information (the answers). I am planning to use the package and
deployment wizzard and would like to prevent as much 'installation problems'
as possible. Therefore i have used a minimum of 'designers' and controls to
prevent having to register too much different dll's on the clientsystems. I
need a datareport kind of function and suddenly had to use the
'dataenvironment' and 'data binding' components. Is there a way to be able
to use the datareport by using ADO code ?? if i just use an ADO recordset as
datasource for the datareport i can only use 1 table or query whereas the
current datareport is based on three different queries. (i could perhaps
make it one huge query....)

Are there specific objects (ADODC, DE et cetera) wich i should definitly not
use in order to prevent problems ??

I do realise that my 'questions' are not very concrete, however every advise
is very appreciated!

Greetings,
Johan

2. 14684-FL-Ft. Lauderdale-PeopleSoft-UNIX-ORACLE-Payroll Applications-Human Resour

3. Need help with database connection from Win32 Application

4. application is using arguments that are of the wrong type, or are out of accepta

5. Need help with ODBC connection from Win32 Application

6. Oracle DBA Needed in SanFrancisco

7. Need help with ADO and Client Application

8. ODP: length varchar

9. Need help with ADO and client application

10. Distributable applications

11. Distributable Paradox database application ?

12. Are Paradox for Windows applications distributable?

13. Need help with connection string ADO