database connection problem ??

Post by kenny_i » Wed, 14 Feb 2001 00:57:11

i want to connect the servlet to the database in SQL server,
what i should do in order to do it ???
do i need to set any classpath, and what's the path?? can u tell
me all the step.

thank you very much

database connection problem ??

Post by PKeega » Wed, 14 Feb 2001 22:15:26

read the documentation

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/jdbc/basics/connecting.html

Use the ODBC driver or buy a SQL server driver.

Quote:> i want to connect the servlet to the database in SQL server,
> what i should do in order to do it ???
> do i need to set any classpath, and what's the path?? can u tell
> me all the step.

> thank you very much

1. sql 2000 iis 5 ado database connection problem -- connections slow

Hello everyone.  We're having a sporadic problem with our web application.
We have a test server set up with sql 2000 and iis 5 on 2000 server running
our web app.  After doing some things in the application (it doesn't seem to
matter which things) any link that runs a query will be really slow (8-15
seconds).  When I look at the queries through profiler it appears that what
is slowing me down is the disconnection of sql connections.  For instance in
the profiler I will have:  audit logout 10000ms.  Has anyone seen this
behavior before?  Any ideas?

PS - I saw the KB article about problems when connecting with ip -- we are
connecting with the host name.

2. vb5: repository databases?

3. Database connection problem.

4. PL/SQL and DESC

5. SQL database connection problems

6. Evalutaion copy of MS SQL Server 7

7. ODBC Database Connection Problems

8. Access to EXCHANGE data

9. Access Database connection problem

10. Database connection problem

11. Multi-tier database connection problems (DCOM)