VB4 DAO: How to specify index?

Post by Jerry Leec » Wed, 09 Oct 1996 04:00:00

The Index property is only available for table objects, and not dynaset
or snapshot objects.  If you want your data displayed in a specific
order use the ORDER BY clause on your SQL statement.  The DAO will
automatically use any existing indexes to sort the data as requested.

Hope this helps.

Jerry Leech
MHA Software Services, Inc.
11711 Arbor Street, Suite 100
Omaha, NE  68144

VB4 DAO: How to specify index?

Post by Raymond Poo » Thu, 10 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone know of a way in specifying table index for DAO Data Control
recordsets in VB4? I have tried the following with little success:

(Data1 is a Data Control object on the form)
Data1.RecordSource = "SELECT * FROM ......."
Data1.Refresh
Data1.Recordset.Index = "Schedule Order" (Index has been defined for that
table)

VB4 gave me the message "feature not available" (very helpful) and no help
topic is present.

I know I can do it in code the conventional way, but does it mean that
index property is not available in a MS Data Control object? Help
appreciated.

Happy Code-Cutting
Ray Man

1. UGRGENT: VB4 DAO - Error 31037 Error Loading from File DAO Error 3251

This is the trapable error numbers that occur when one form attempts to
load another form.  The functions work fine on the development machines but
not on an end user's machine.  When the call is made to make the second
form visible or show, the obove messages can be trapped.  However, the form
that is to be loaded, the Form_Load event is never fired off.  Where is
this error occurring.  The form being loaded does have data controls, APEX
True DBGrid 4, DBCombo boxes.  I'm exhausted trying to find the offending
section of code!!

Any suggestions

--
John A. Binhammer

2. Licensing

3. VB4 is DAO 3.5 safe, or DAO 3.0 better

4. Web Assistant and UNC File Names

5. VB4 DBGrid specifying columns

6. SQL Server: Standard Output

7. How to Insert a new field in DAO with a specified position

8. OAS packages install problem

9. OpenRecordset in VB4 with DAO

10. VB4/DAO problem, anyone help

11. Some more questions about VB4 and DAO.

12. VB4.0(16) DAO to VB6.0 RDO Help

13. Crash when using DAO & VB4