OCX version of VBSQL.VBX??

Post by A » Sat, 02 Dec 1995 04:00:00

We're using VB4 as a front end to an SQL-Server database.
The error handling capabilities of the vbx are great, but we can't use it in
VB4. Have Microsoft got  VBSQL.OCX out yet?

1. VBSQL.VBX -> VBSQL.OCX

We're moving a five-year old program that uses the VBSQL function
library from VB3 to VB5.  We already had the 32-bit VBSQL control and
the change over seemed easy.  The only real change involved was making
the integers into longs.  Here's the problem:

Everything seems to work except for one particular SQL statement.

"update customer.dbo.order_num_unique set flag=1 where order_node = 9
and flag=0"

The problem occurs when calling SQLCount after looping through
SQLResults and SQLNextRow.  It returns 0 even though the command works
and the table is updated.  We should get a 1.
1)  This code works in VB3.
2)  the SQLCount returns a 1 if "flag = 0" is removed from the
statement.  Unfortunately, we need to keep that in.
3)  The entire statement works if run just after logging on the the
server.

We'd prefer not to switch to RDO because we've got so much time invested
based on VBSQL.  If you think the change over would be worth it, please
let us know.
Thanks for any ideas.

Andrew Harrington
Wall Street On Demand

2. N-tier components & PL/SQL

3. replay vbsql.vbx with vbsql.ocx

4. SQL LIKE

5. Latest version of VBSQL.OCX ?

6. Urgent--Web Sphere Upgrade Causing problem to IDS7.31UD2R1

7. Need VBSQL.OCX and VBSQL.BAS

8. DTC on server is unavailable ..?

9. SQL Server VBSQL.OCX - VBSQL.BAS

10. finding vbsql.ocx & vbsql.bas

11. Where can I find VBSQL.VBX?

12. Where to get VBSQL (SQL Server DBLIB) VBX