Open an Access-File but no Access -- please give some Tips

Open an Access-File but no Access -- please give some Tips

Post by Joachim Jaus » Mon, 04 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi to all,

I'm normaly a programmer for MS Access, but no wI want to write a
little program which starts up with windows and then search in a
databasefile for the birthdays of persons.

If it find someone then do a message.

My declaration is:
Dim accFile as Database
Dim accTable as Recordset

set accFile = dbengine.OpenDatabase("TheDatabasename")
set accTable = acFile.OpenRecordset("TheTablename",dbopendynaset)

The programm is working very well, but when I open the Database MS
access starts up and you can see the process-window from access.
What do I have to do that you can't see the access-window or that
access don't opens?

thx for some Tips

Joachim Jauss
--
Joachim Jau?

A little helper in the web

1. Opening an Access File inside an Access Application

Hello All:

Does anyone know how (the function) to open an Access application
within an Access Application?  It sounds confusing.  But this is
what I am trying to do.  I need to compact an Access application
upon exit.  To do this, I want to open a separate Access 97
application that was designed to compact the application that opens
it.  Manually opening the second application does compact the first
one.  However, I need to automate the process.

Ideas are appreciated.  Thanks!

 Selah Grace M. LaBarbera
 Selah Communications, Inc.

 146 Cleveland Avenue
 Hasbrouck Heigths,  NJ  07604

 Cellular: (917) 771-5628
 Fax: (201) 727-0448
 Home: (201) 727-0891
 Work: (212) 603-7981

 "My riches consist not in the extent of my possessions,
 but in the fewness of my wants."
 -- J. Brotherton

2. ADV: New installation tool released!

3. Performance and SQL Structure - Please give tips !

4. Access via HTTP

5. Please give advice on EXECUTEABLE Database Access

6. HP-UX 10.20 & 7.22.UC1 CRITICAL INFORMATION

7. error 3050 - couldn't open file / vb 4.0 trying to open access database

8. HELP - Force Protocol Encryption - Now Locked Out!

9. Specifiying a Workgroup File When Using ADO to Open an Access .mdb file (OLEDB)

10. Does user need Microsoft Access License to use EXE file that access .MDB file

11. PLEASE HELP: problem with using ADO to open ACCESS db

12. Must open database with Access befor accessing it via ODBC