Network ready inventory program

Post by sha » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I need to do a Network Ready Inventory Program. My present idea to go about
this is that, I will have a SQL 7.0 server install on the server machine and
then I just need to code a Client Program that will input and output
inventory to/from the database installed in the server.
Am I planning it right? or do I have to make another program that sits in
the server to get the data and then dispatch to my client program?

Can anyone point to the resources (books, sites, sample codes, etc) on how
to do this?

regards,
sha

Network ready inventory program

Post by Andrew Grillag » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Either way would work but there are many things to consider when designing
you architecture. The following link should provide some interesting
reading.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/backgrnd/html/msdn_bldcli~1.htm

--
Andrew Grillage
http://vbdata.iwarp.com

> Hi,

> I need to do a Network Ready Inventory Program. My present idea to go
about
> this is that, I will have a SQL 7.0 server install on the server machine
and
> then I just need to code a Client Program that will input and output
> inventory to/from the database installed in the server.
> Am I planning it right? or do I have to make another program that sits in
> the server to get the data and then dispatch to my client program?

> Can anyone point to the resources (books, sites, sample codes, etc) on how
> to do this?

> regards,
> sha

1. network ready inventory program

Hi,

I need to do a Network Ready Inventory Program. My present idea to go about
this is that, I will have a SQL 7.0 server install on the server machine and
then I just need to code a Client Program that will input and output
inventory to/from the database installed in the server.
Am I planning it right? or do I have to make another program that sits in
the server to get the data and then dispatch to my client program?

Can anyone point to the resources (books, sites, sample codes, etc) on how
to do this?

regards,
sha

2. How to use modem to replicate using SQL 7?

3. Network Ready Demo

4. optimizing query

5. Help -- "network drive not ready"

6. Printing the list of all fields

7. Network Ready?

8. what's wrong with this procedure ?

9. FPW 2.6: Device not ready error when first entering program

10. Program Error - Printer not Ready Help!

11. Sample Program(Inventory.sln) does not run

12. Writing an Inventory Control Program

13. Modify sample Inventory program