Data dictionary for Delphi?

Post by Bob Gred » Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Can a data dictionary be implemented for Delphi?

I'd like to have in source code a unit that defines tables,
fields, indexes, and relations. Subject to a configuration
flag: if a table in the dictionary doesn't exist at runtime,
it should get created; if an existing table doesn't match
its definition in the dictionary, the table should get
modified to match it.

( For Clipper folks, what I'm looking for is the elegance and
utility of an ObjectDB data dictionary! )

Has somebody dreamed up a component for this yet?

TIA,

Bob Gredin
New England Medical Services Inc.
Oxford, Maine

Data dictionary for Delphi?

Post by Semaphore Corporati » Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> Can a data dictionary be implemented for Delphi?

Pages 85-86 of the Delphi 2.0 Database Application Developer's Guide
documents the design-time data dictionary features.  Some of it may be
accessible at run-time also.

Joe Snyder

Data dictionary for Delphi?

Post by p.. » Fri, 19 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I'd like to have in source code a unit that defines tables,
>fields, indexes, and relations. Subject to a configuration
>flag: if a table in the dictionary doesn't exist at runtime,
>it should get created; if an existing table doesn't match
>its definition in the dictionary, the table should get
>modified to match it.

>( For Clipper folks, what I'm looking for is the elegance and
>utility of an ObjectDB data dictionary! )

>Has somebody dreamed up a component for this yet?

        I've got a similar project in the planning stage, but I have not even begun to
udertake it yet.

_
NOTE: This software is currently in early alpha. If you notice any

Please do not report duplicates, as this is usually a manual resend

|Physically in Church Hill, TN - Logically Not Sure          |

Quote:>>SQUID - The ultimate 32 bit offline databasing reader

**Special Compile: 3.000A (Alpha)

Data dictionary for Delphi?

Post by Synatu » Thu, 25 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Take a look at my article in The Delphi magazine for April.  Not a
production product yet, but the source is there.

Brandon Smith