Installation problem with libreadline

Post by pw » Sun, 10 Aug 2003 06:37:37

Hello,

I have seen a number of links via google describing build problems
(./configure)
with postgres and libreadline.so .

How do I go about resolving the undefined ncurses references in libreadline?
I have Mandrake Linux.

Thanks for the help

Peter

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Post by Peter Willi » Sun, 10 Aug 2003 06:35:50

Hello,

I have seen a number of links via google describing build problems
(./configure)
with postgres and libreadline.so .

How do I go about resolving the undefined ncurses references in libreadline?
I have Mandrake Linux.

Thanks for the help

Peter

Installation problem with libreadline

Post by Daniel Seichte » Mon, 11 Aug 2003 00:17:26

Hello,
Quote:> How do I go about resolving the undefined ncurses references in
libreadline?
> I have Mandrake Linux.

Did you install the readline-devel?

Daniel

               http://archives.postgresql.org

Post by p » Mon, 11 Aug 2003 06:58:34

> Hello,
> > How do I go about resolving the undefined ncurses references in
> libreadline?

Yeah, that's the thing that fails when I run ./config of the
postgres7.3.3 build under Mandrake 7.3 .

ld checks libreadline.so for various calls and then bails.
libreadline is a symlink to the lastest version of libreadline
which appears to have dropped ncurses from the build for some
reason. (proprietary code in ncurses...???)

Quote:> > I have Mandrake Linux.
> Did you install the readline-devel?

I guess I could do that.
I'll try it today and let the list know how it goes.

Thanks for your help,

Peter