Really simple question..

Post by Williams, Travis L, NPON » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 13:40:25

Maybe I missed this somewhere.. but how do you drop a whole row or update a=
 whole row with nulls easily?  I understand how to do updates.. but I'd pre=
fer not to have to do update table set col1 =3D null, col2 =3D null, col3 =
=3D null,........  col100 =3D null where col1 =3D "25" or something..

Travis

Really simple question..

Post by Jean-Christian Imbeau » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 13:47:08

Maybe I missed this somewhere.. but how do you drop a whole row

That one is easy:

delete from TABLE where col1=25;

or update a whole row with nulls easily?

Don't know that one. Would be interesting in knowing if there is a way.

The only way I can think of is to delete the row and then re-insert it,
but that depends on how the table is set up (i.e. does it allow NULL in
all fields?):

delete from TABLE where col1=25;
insert into TABLE(col1) values(25);

Just my 2 cents ...

Jc

http://archives.postgresql.org

1. Really simple question

I am trying to create a bunch of paradox tables from delphi (which
does not include any significant documentation on paradox).

In paradox SQL, is there any way to execute multiple SQL statements in
the same script (batch).

I tried all the "usual" sql stmt separators.

Please e-mail the answer directly to me.

Thanks
Mike

2. Word automation

3. A really simple question about resultSets.

4. True Statement?

5. FOXPRO -- Really simple question

6. Parsing Email Files

7. Really simple question: How to insert a table with only one column (also identity)

8. Get filenames in directory

9. A simple question, really simple

10. Can someone help me with this really simple question?

11. Really Simple question: Which is Better 7.24 or 7.3 but I need good answers!!!

12. Really simple DB Question

13. Really Simple VFP Question (But Not For Me)