postgres drivers for winNT

Post by vivek K » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 00:10:41

<DIV><HTML>
<DIV>Hello all,<BR>???? we have installed SQL-ledger, active perl 5.6.X using postgresql over win NT 4.0. when we invoke admin.pl page, it is giving the error cannot find Database Drivers. when we tried to install DBD:pg using? PPM package, it is giving the error, incorrect x86 version etc.<BR>??? Is it necessary to install DBI package. Please advice.<BR>Thanks and regards<BR>Vivek<BR>

postgres drivers for winNT

Post by Richard Huxt » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 04:20:31

Quote:> <html><div style=3D'background-color:'>
> <DIV><HTML>
> <DIV>Hello all,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; we have installed SQL-ledger,
> active perl 5.6.X using postgresql over win NT 4.0. when we invoke admin.=
pl
> page, it is giving the error cannot find Database Drivers. when we tried =
> install DBD:pg using&nbsp; PPM package, it is giving the error, incorrect
> x86 version etc.<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Is it necessary to install DBI
> package. Please advice.<BR>Thanks and regards<BR>Vivek<BR>
ges
> with  <a href=3D"http://g.msn.com/8HMSEN/2749">MSN 8. </a> Get 2 months
> FREE*.</html>

Can I politely ask you to not send HTML messages to the list? I seem to rec=
all=20
that hotmail is doing this by default now, so perhaps time to switch to=20
another email provider.

Anyway, after decoding your question, I'm afraid that if Perl is asking for=
=20
DBD:Pg then you do need it. I believe there's a pure-perl DBD driver out=20
there somewhere too, which you might prefer to try.

Your best bet for information would be mailing lists for the SQL-Ledger=20
package or a Perl list (Activestate?)

If you can spare a machine to install Linux/BSD on it, I'd be tempted by th=
at=20
- you'll get much better support for the various bits and pieces you're=20
using.

--=20
  Richard Huxton

1. postgres on WinNT and IIS

I believe there are Windows versions of both PostgreSQL and PHP.

Cygwin =does= work.  Quite well, too.

         -crl
--

   Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100
      5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400

2. PL/SQL problem with OAS on Linux

3. Problem

4. Language Drivers , BDE and WinNT 4.0

5. moving files

6. Sybase / WinNT ODBC drivers

7. Turkish "TtDeY" CharacterSet Problem

8. ODBC driver 2.0 on WinNT 4.0

9. How to register the ODBC driver on WinNT?

10. ODBC drivers with WinNT 2000 (3.520)

11. Newbie: winNT/2000 odbc driver for informixIDS.2000

12. POSTGRES JDBC DRIVER