Lost large objects

Post by Jakob Bo » Wed, 07 Feb 2001 01:57:16

Hi,

After having moved the database directories to a new server, something went
wrong with the large objects. I now have a large number of files named
that is a number that was a working large object before) now yields errors
like "lo_open: can't open inv object 9436449".

What I would like is some way to just access all the raw LO-files and
extract the original object from inside them, after which I can insert them
into the database again.

I have not found any information on the file format of the LO-files, nor any
programs to aid in recovering large objects when the index (or whatever it
is that decides that the object no longer exists) is broken.

Anyone who can help?

--

friend of laphroaig      |       http://jakob.borg.pp.se/          (homepage)

1. Recovering lost large objects?

Hi,

After having moved the database directories to a new server, something went
wrong with the large objects. I now have a large number of files named
that is a number that was a working large object before) now yields errors
like "lo_open: can't open inv object 9436449".

What I would like is some way to just access all the raw LO-files and
extract the original object from inside them, after which I can insert them
into the database again.

I have not found any information on the file format of the LO-files, nor any
programs to aid in recovering large objects when the index (or whatever it
is that decides that the object no longer exists) is broken.

Anyone who can help?

--

                      http://jakob.borg.pp.se/

2. EDI Suggestions with Universe

3. dumpBlobs(): could not open large object: ERROR: inv_open: large object 23312462 not found

4. Can't see OLAP databases ???

5. Maximum Size for Large Object / TOASTed Object

6. How to solve E_US08B4 No MST is currently in progress.

7. losing distributed pages in large tables?

8. DBGRID Need work around for pressing ENTER twice

9. Large Tables losing indexes -Still a problem?

10. Lost elements with large amounts of data

11. Screen objects (GETS variables, lost)

12. User Objects Lost on Restore or Re-Attach!

13. Lost objects in report header