Program to convert from PostgreSQL to Access or view table

Program to convert from PostgreSQL to Access or view table

Post by Justin Cli » Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:16:56

Hi Steve,

Have you considered using a PostgreSQL ODBC driver
(http://odbc.postgresql.org) and allowing Access to connect to the
PostgreSQL database directly?

Additionally, there's a listing of PostgreSQL related resources at :

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/oresources.php

In the "Administration Tools" section, it has a program called pgAdmin
(hosted by Great Bridge).  This might allow you to view table
relationships,  without MS Access.  Not sure, it's on my schedule to
take a look at this program in the next few days.

If you can make use of a unix box (probably linux) instead of Windows,
then DdDesigner might do the trick too (in the "ERD Tools" section).
Failing that, pgAccess (also in the "Administration Tools" section) can
be used to display a schema graphically, but you have to manually link
the table relationships together onscreen, and it can only generate
PostScript output files from what I remember.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> I am looking for a program to convert a PostgreSQL database to Access.  I'm
> not migrating to Access, I simply want an easy way to load the schema into
> Access so I can get a graphical view of the table relationships which I can
> print a hard copy from and make notes on for a project I've inherited.  I
> have already searched on Google and the list archives at the AIMS Group.
> I know I can dump the schema using "pg_dump -s", but I was hoping for a
> program that could automate the conversion.  Or if there's an open source
> Windows or PHP-based web application that can generate the output I want
> directly from PostgreSQL that would be even better.

> --
> Steve Werby
> President, Befriend Internet Services LLC
> http://www.befriend.com/

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

1. Program to convert from PostgreSQL to Access or view table relationships

I am looking for a program to convert a PostgreSQL database to Access.  I'm
not migrating to Access, I simply want an easy way to load the schema into
Access so I can get a graphical view of the table relationships which I can
print a hard copy from and make notes on for a project I've inherited.  I
have already searched on Google and the list archives at the AIMS Group.
I know I can dump the schema using "pg_dump -s", but I was hoping for a
program that could automate the conversion.  Or if there's an open source
Windows or PHP-based web application that can generate the output I want
directly from PostgreSQL that would be even better.

--
Steve Werby
President, Befriend Internet Services LLC
http://www.befriend.com/

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

2. Writing apps for ORDBMS

3. How to convert a Access 95 program to Access 2000 program

4. US-NJ-TECHNICAL SUPPORT - SW

5. Which Program can convert a F&A-Table to a Paradox or DBase-Table

6. User interface development tools?

7. JDBC Driver for SQL Server

8. Converting from .MDB Access to PostgreSQL

9. Procedure to convert an Access table to a MSSQL table

10. converting from Access query to SQL view

11. I need, must have program for converting Access DB to SQL server 6.5 Script