Request for reference sites

Post by Julian Satche » Wed, 20 Nov 2002 22:21:56

Dear postgres users,

I hope you will excuse me asking for a volunteer or volunteers to take
part as a reference site for a case study on experiences (both positive
and negative) converting from proprietary to Open Source products. If
you are interested in participating, please contact me off list.

The study has been asked for by the Office of Government Commerce (OGC),
which co-ordinates procurement for the UK Government. The OGC is part of
the Treasury.

Following the publication of the new UK Open Source policy (I was one of
the authors of the report that formed the main input into the policy),
the OGC are seeking some case studies on the experiences of adopters of
Open Source products. We are currently seeking sites that would be
willing to be involved. Involvement will take the form of a structured
questionnaire, probably supplemented by a telephone interview.

Case studies based on large organizations or businesses would be
particularly compelling. The OGC stipulate that the case studies should
be original research, not based on previously published studies.

Julian

--

QinetiQ

http://archives.postgresql.org

1. Request for references on parallel databases

Dear Database Folks -

I am looking for references (papers, books) on issues related to
parallel databases - e.g. theory (parallel algorithmic issues),
systems (memory organization, parallel architechture issues),
communication etc etc.

I am especially interested in specific issues arising out of
porting/maintaining databases on massively parallel machines and
distributed networks.

If you know of good books and/or review papers which would help me get
familiar with these issues please email me the references. I do not
read these newsgroups frequently.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Help with VB 3.0 and Access 2.0

3. Request : References for Distributed Databases.

4. Request help with ACE report

5. Reference request

6. Dynamic tables and triggers

7. Request for Distributed Database Commit protocol references

8. Connectivity between databases

9. FAQ & Book reference request

10. Request for references on parallel databases

11. Request for data mining references/papers

12. Expert help requested -passing class properties to UDFs by reference

13. Need Reference Site for Oracle8 to Personal Oracle8 Snapshot Replication