compile warnings in CVS HEAD

Post by Neil Conw » Tue, 15 Apr 2003 09:27:32

I get the following warnings when compiling CVS HEAD:

be-secure.c: In function `open_server_SSL':
be-secure.c:719: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type

timestamp.c: In function `dttofmtasc_replace':
timestamp.c:468: warning: `%g' yields only last 2 digits of year
timestamp.c:606: warning: `%x' yields only last 2 digits of year in some
locales

(That's the timestamp.c in src/interfaces/ecpg/pgtypeslib)

This build has SSL enabled (the SSL warning above has been present for a
while...). I'm using GCC 3.2.3 on Debian Linux.

Cheers,

Neil

Post by Tom La » Tue, 15 Apr 2003 12:11:32

> I get the following warnings when compiling CVS HEAD:
> be-secure.c: In function `open_server_SSL':
> be-secure.c:719: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type

I saw someone else report this too, but it doesn't happen on my
machines.  Could you look into it and see just what the issue is?

Quote:> timestamp.c: In function `dttofmtasc_replace':
> timestamp.c:468: warning: `%g' yields only last 2 digits of year
> timestamp.c:606: warning: `%x' yields only last 2 digits of year in some
> locales

The recently-added ecpg library files exhibit half a dozen warnings on
my boxen.  I'm not sure whether Michael is ready to worry about
portability issues for that stuff yet.  I'm happy to cut him some slack
if he's not worried yet --- but agreed, I don't want to still be seeing
these messages when we approach release.  Michael, what's your take?

                        regards, tom lane

PS: I think Michael just left on vacation, so we may not get an answer
for a couple weeks ...

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

1. SSL warning in CVS HEAD

When compiling CVS HEAD with SSL enabled, I get this warning:

be-secure.c: In function `open_server_SSL':
be-secure.c:707: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type

The code in question is:

        /* set up debugging/info callback */
        SSL_CTX_set_info_callback(SSL_context, info_cb);

Can someone send in a patch fixing this? (I'd fix it myself, but I know
nothing about OpenSSL)

BTW, this is using CFLAGS='-Wall -O0', with OpenSSL 0.9.7

Cheers,

Neil

2. Generating time sheets

3. CVS head doesn't compile

4. Problems with MS Access db.

5. compile error in CVS HEAD

6. How can I convert a FP2.6 app to VFP 3.0 without rewriting

7. compile warnings in CVS

8. URGENT: Transaction logs

9. regression in CVS HEAD

10. regression test failures in CVS HEAD

11. regression test failure in CVS HEAD

12. regression in CVS HEAD

13. psql regression in CVS HEAD